Pages

Followers

Monday, September 23, 2013

Mixed Medium Sue

It is time for a new challenge over at Creative Cutting Challenge
This one is called "For the Girls"

I struggled a little with this one and changed my mind about a million times then settled on this project for my daughters room.
This time I choose to work with The Creative Pointe's Fancy Flourishes 2
I cut a stencil with multiple flourishes, using a prepared canvas applied texture medium.  I love the affect!
I added my daughters name and cut out a few more flourishes to decorate with as well as a peace sign and heart perfect for the 12 year old girl.
Products I used:
8x10 Canvas Artists Loft
Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst- Autum maple Crimson Spray
Ranger - Perfect Pearls Mist - perfect pearl & heirloom gold
Close to my Heart- Liquid Glass, Tulle Ribbon, Card stock
6" Chipboard Letter - Michaels
Local King Rubber Stamp- Notes 08SPRINT021B
Craft-Dee-Bowz To tie bow
Inka-Gold Haematite by Viva Decor
Artists Loft - Course Texture Gel & Modeling Paste
Celebrate it Ribbon - Michaels
Coaster Board - A-Muse Studio
Tsukineko - Staz-on Ink - Jet Black 
I hope I have given you a bit of inspiration to step outside your box.
  
I would like to enter this creation in the following challenges:
 
Whoopsi Daisy- Ribbon or bow
Avenue 613- Anything goes with a twist - Used White, Pink and Green
Challenges 4 everybody - Anything goes #29
Creative Inspirations Paint - Anything goes
Altered Eclectics - Anything goes
Ladybug Crafts - Anything goes
The Crafting Cafe - Altered Art
Lia Stampz - Anything goes #49
Weld Letters Challenge
  
post signature

13 comments:

  1. Love mixed media projects and yours is really wonderful! A very cool and different way to use cut files!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning - love all the details and stencilling! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous mixed media project, Carmen! Thanks so much for joining us at Lia Stampz! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mixed media project! Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe this time!
    Good luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning piece, love the layers and textures :)
    Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Cafe and good luck!

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful design, beautifully executed! Thanks for leaving this propped against our door here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous mixed media art. Thank you for playing along with us at Altered Eclectics September challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely piece.

    Thanks for joining us at Altered Eclectics Challenge Blog.

    Moira DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful - I'm sure your daughter will love it! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great mixed media piece. I like how you have all the texture and color very nice! Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome project. Thanks for joining our challenge over at WhoopsiDaisy this week. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great mixed media card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Lia Stampz.

    ReplyDelete